Subject: Re: your mail
From: [email-masked] (Jeffery S. Jones)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 12:37:14 -0700

On 15-Apr-96 22:20:38, Stephen Bowie <[email-masked]>
wrote:
>On Mon, 15 Apr 1996 [email-masked] wrote:

>> 6 Chris Conlee <[email-masked]>
>> writes:
>>
>> > Will LW 5.0 be available for the Amiga?  What will be the upgrade
>> > policy?
>>
>> Yes. Expect an upgrade price to be in the vicinity of 1/3 of the list
>> price. The list price of LightWave will be going up (because it's so
>> dang cool) but by how much I'm not sure. Check with Customer Service
>> for details.
>> (800-847-6111)

>Now, I'm a pretty moderate guy (IMHO), but I haven't even installed my
>new version of LW (4.0) yet and I'm going to be seriously ticked if it
>costs me $4-500.00 to upgrade....

  According to info I got from NewTek, the Amiga version upgrade will be
cheaper ($295 list).  Much better deal, especially for someone like me
who just bought the 4.0 upgrade.

>By all accounts, many of us Amigans didn't bother to install it, or
>removed it due to many problems I'll not recount here.  Seems to me
>that  the least NewTek could due is reduce the 4.0 to 5.0 price by an
>amount  roughly equivalent to the upgrade price I already paid simply
>for the  privelege of keeping my registration current.

  Because 4.0 Amiga wasn't universally better than 3.5, naturally
keeping both installed seemed like a good idea.  If they get fix the
problems which plagued 4.0 in the 5.0 version -- which should be
possible given time -- it will be a "true" upgrade, one that replaces
the earlier version.

  It may take a while to get it, but its features list makes it worth
getting.

--
*-__________________________ | *Starfire* | _________________________-*
Jeff Jones  email:[email-masked]  *//* Amiga Lives! |Born
*TFG* *Starfire* Design Studio        *\\//* 1985-1994,    |again 1995!
--